From Grief to Glory: My journey of Loss, Resilience, and triumph of having my first Children’s book Published

Hi there,

Ever since my book got published I have been so excited to share my story and journey. See, there was a time when I never thought that I could become a writer let alone a published children’s book author. It was always just a far off dream, but none the less a dream that wouldn’t go away. 
At the time I decided to do something  about it was when my only child, my daughter became a mother and had her two girls, that I knew I would write a children’s book. 

My daughter knew that I had started to write but I didn’t let her read it, because I wanted to surprise her with the finished book. But that never happened. 
I lost my daughter in 2019, she was only 24 years old. My whole world changed and I had to figure out how to go on in this world without my baby., my one and only.

I knew that she would want me to go on as she was my biggest cheerleader always telling me how good my things were being a artist and designer and to never quit. I knew I had to pick myself up and continue on for her, her girls and myself. I believe a whole year passed by from when the publishing company reached out to me and I finally decided to move forward with things.  I couldn’t give up and I knew this would make her proud.
I had to find a way to honor her and continue on with my life in the midst of such a huge loss of my child. My daughter told me to never give up...

So here is the finished book and it’s dedicated to her and her girls. This book is a charming funny tale of Lasko and his friends. The illustrations are amazing as well. Everything just came together. 

Can we show Lasko some love and help me to pick up where my daughter left off with her girls?

To those who have also lost a child, I know the pain all to well,  but know God is close to the broken hearted and he is there ready to wrap you in his arms. 


Lasko the Artist” now on sale at $10.33
Click the link to buy...
Thank you your support and it is my hope that you love Lasko the Artist as much as I do...

Sincerely, Oréan



 

Comments

Popular Posts