I am preparing to go Vegan


 My 8 year old granddaughter came to visit and she told me that she was vegan and I was like oh really. She was very firm in her decision.  I thought it was great and I wanted to do what I could to help her on this journey. I at one time said I was going vegan, I had started buying vegan products, but for some reason never followed through.

But I am going to try again especially with my granddaughter. 

So here's to a new year and a new me

If you're thinking about going vegan, there are a few things to consider before making the switch.

First, it's important to understand that a vegan diet excludes all animal products, including meat, dairy, and eggs. This means that you'll need to find alternative sources of protein, calcium, and other essential nutrients. Many plant-based foods, such as beans, nuts, and leafy greens, are rich in these nutrients and can help you meet your dietary needs. To make things a little simpler, have these things on hand as staples: liquid aminos, nutritional yeast, etc. These are great to add flavor to your meals and provide extra nutrition.

Another thing to consider is the environmental impact of a vegan diet. Animal agriculture is a major contributor to greenhouse gas emissions and deforestation. By choosing to eat a plant-based diet, you can reduce your carbon footprint and help protect the planet.

It's also worth noting that a vegan diet may have health benefits. Studies have shown that vegans tend to have lower rates of heart disease, obesity, and certain cancers. However, it's important to make sure you're getting all the nutrients you need, so be sure to talk to a doctor or dietitian before making any major dietary changes.

In summary, going vegan can be a healthy and eco-friendly choice. It requires some planning to make sure you get all the necessary nutrients, but with a little effort and research, you can make it work. To make things a little simpler, have staples like liquid aminos, nutritional yeast on hand, to add flavor and nutrition to your meals.

Comments

Popular Posts