Buttermilk Pie


Yes, that's right, "buttermilk pie".  I think it may just be a southern thing, it's very well know in the south.
Here I had already added the sugar and melted butter, then add eggs one at a time.


Now for the main attraction, the buttermilk!!!

Once I added the buttermilk, your then ready to add mixture to the pie shell.
The pie shell I bake alone for about 5min.



Then once the mixture is ready and poured in the pie shell
take some foil and add around the pie crust edge, this will keep the shell from getting burned.


 

Here is the finished pie and doesn't it look delicis??? That first piece I thought would be for me but it actually went to my daughter, who kept her eye on the pie.
As Rachel Ray, would say, " Yum-O" and
Paula Deen would say, "This pie is OUT OF THIS WORLD"

You gotta give this pie a try:)

2cups sugar
1 tablespoon self-rising flour
1/2 cup melted butter
4 eggs
2/3 cup buttermilk
1 unbaked 9in.deep-dish pie shell

Combine sugar, flour and butter in bowl; mix well. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add buttermilk; mix well. Pour into pie shell. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

I know this has a lot of sugar, but this is not a pie that you would make all the time, but once in awhile it's ok.
Enjoy!


NOTE: you want the pie to be firm to the touch once it's done, if your pie is still jiggily in the center it's not ready, just continue cooking by turning the tempature down and cooking longer until firm.


Comments

Popular Posts